Sunday, February 8, 2009

Richard Oversmith Still Life Workshop

Oversmith demo painting
I attended a still life workshop with my friend Richard Oversmith this weekend along with 5 others. This was a 2 day workshop held at his studio in Asheville, NC. Richard is one of the finest artist today living in North Carolina and is still under 40. I have painted plein air with Richard many times but have always enjoyed his still life works. It was time well spent as I am mostly a landscape painter. Richard has impressive assortment of still life object to choose from and spent much time on compositional set up and lighting as well as 2 demos, a short talk on art appreciation and lot of individual attention and critiques when asked. If you wanted to see some of Richard's great brush strokes he was always happy to add a few.

Any artist looking for a good workshop to attend in North Carolina, I highly recommend checking out Richard Oversmith in Asheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment