Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Colors!

In August I participated in the Avery County Arts Council Plein Air Competition at Banner Elk, NC. Many fine artists came out on a foggy morning to throw their hat into the ring. At the end of the day I was privileged to win 2nd place. I received an envelope which held a certificate from the Art Purveyors Art Store for Oil Paint. This Prize was donated by Mike Hill owner of Art Purveyors located in Foscoe, NC on HWY 105 below Grandfather Mountain between Banner Elk and Boone. A few weeks ago I stopped in to see Mike Hill to claim my prize. Mike is a dealer for M. Graham Oil Colors. I was overwhelmed when he gave me 1 tube of every Graham Oil Color he sells as my prize. That's about 50 colors a $500 retail value. Thanks Mike and the Graham Company! If you're out near Grandfather Mountain stop by The Art Purveyor Art Store or check out their site to see the wide range of products they sell.
"A Foggy Start"
Second Place at the Avery County Arts Council Plein Air Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment